In this house – a former industrialist’s villa built in 1915 and used from 1941 to 1945 by the SS as a conference centre and guest house – on 20th January 1942, fifteen high-ranking representatives of the SS, the NSDAP and various ministries met to discuss their cooperation in the planned deportation and murder of the European Jews.
The Memorial Site offers exhibitions and a number of possibilities for studying the persecution and murder of the European jews and the history of National socialism, its prehistory and consequences.
A permanent exhibit entitled "The Wannsee Conference and the Genocide of the European Jews" (in German and English) documents the prehistory of the National Socialist persecution of Jews, the process of social exclusion and the deportations to ghettos and the murder of the European Jews in German-controlled territories.
NOTE: The exhibition room 9 ("The Wannsee Conference") and 10 ("History of the villa") are not accessible until the end of 2018 due to the urgently needed renovation / restoration of the listed parquet. The facsimile of the Protocol of the Conference of January 20, 1942 will be shown in the exhibition room 8.
We ask for your understanding.