On the occasion of the International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust
- The Permanent Mission of Israel to the United Nations (Vienna)
- the United Nations Information Service (UNIS) Vienna
- with the support of the Holocaust and the United Nations Outreach Programme
cordially invite you to attend a Commemorative Ceremony and the opening of the poster exhibition “Crimes Uncovered: The First Generation of Holocaust Researchers”
Date: Thursday, 26 January 2023
Time: 12:00 noon
Place: Vienna International Centre (VIC) – Rotunda
With remarks by
- Director-General of the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV) Ms. Ghada Waly
- Permanent Representative of Israel to the United Nations (Vienna) H.E. Ambassador Mordechai Denis Paul Rodgold
The ceremony will also include a prayer by Chief Cantor Shmuel Barzilai and a musical performance by Singer Shira Karmon and Guitarist Antonis Vounelakos.
The exhibition “Crimes Uncovered: The First Generation of Holocaust Researchers” traces the stories and the legacies of the individuals and institutions who worked during and immediately after the Holocaust to record and collect information of atrocities and bring perpetrators to justice.
Registration: If you do not have a VIC pass, please state in the registration e-mail the event you would like to attend and send the following details:
- title (Mr./Ms.)
- full name
- date of birth
- number of ID or passport
- country of issuing of ID or passport
by 20 January 2023 to the following email: dcm-sec[at]vienna.mfa.gov.il. Please note that prior registration and a valid photo ID are required to gain access to the VIC.